Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Research Topic #1

When I started to really dig deeper into looking up all the real problems that many gays had with acknowledging themselves and were afraid to tell anyone bout what they were.
Being that scared to have to try and pretend to be something you are not. I think that it causes personal problems. Then mostly you start to wonder what did I do wrong, am I really that bad. Self-hate starts to erupt inside you and you just want to stop it forever.

 You are torn between committing suicide and knowing the huge grief and pain you would cause your parents plus yourself.
In an article on (http://sks.sirs.com/cgi-bin/hst-article-display?id=S44-4241-0-323&artno=0000297482&type=ART&shfilter=U&key=bullied%20gays&title=Coming%20Out%20in%20Middle%20School&res=Y&ren=N&gov=N&lnk=N&ic=N)

The reason why this article is included because it really shows that once you except yourself you should be free to be you, and no one controls who you are. Just because your sexual orientation doesn't make you the butt of all jokes and the school punching bag.

I the article the boy says" I definitely lost some friends,” he said, “but no one really made fun of me or called me names, probably because I was one of the most popular kids when I came out. I don’t think I would have come out if I wasn’t popular.”  

See that states that if this boy didn't have this "popular" status he would of hid who he really was/is and then it would only come back to haunt you. He is somewhat scared to admit that without a status above popular, you shouldn't admit to being GAY.


This video shows some of the things that happen to kids when they are being tormented. I support the message at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment